Perform with House of Hush!
Are you interested in performing at our monthly burlesque show? Read on!
About the show
Our monthly speakeasy show at Crash Hotel is styled after a past era of extravagant parties. It’s an intimate show (only 50 tickets available per show) without the separation of stage: burlesque artists perform mere inches from guests' seats. We take our guests back in time to an era of luxurious outfits, glamour, wild gin-soaked revelry, and a night of classic burlesque with top burlesque performers from Edmonton, Calgary, and beyond. If you live in Edmonton and haven't been to the show before, we highly recommend you check it out before applying!
What we’re looking for
Our show has a very small cast – as few as 3 or 4 performers. So every performer and every act needs to be stand-out, professional and high level, from costume to choreography! Shows generally include a headliner, a few members from our core House of Hush cast, and other professional-quality local performers. We also reserve one performer spot each show for out-of-town performers, so that we can showcase the amazing wider burlesque community to local Edmonton audiences.
So what do we mean when we say we're looking for professional, high-quality acts?
- We are looking for highly skilled burlesque performers with at least two years of burlesque performance experience on a variety of different stages and events.
- Because of the speakeasy vibe of the venue and the branding of the show, we are generally looking for acts that lean towards what is termed “Classic" burlesque: jazz or big-band music tracks and dazzling costumes that harken back to the 1910s, 20s, 30s and 40s, as well as great musicality, movement and striptease-ability!
- As a performer you will need to be comfortable and confident performing in a small space (no stage) where you will be roving and interacting with guests.
- Because performers are so close to the audience, costumes need to be really high-quality and dazzling!
- Professional and respectful engagement with House of Hush team, volunteers, venue and audience is required at all times. This includes promoting the show, sending music/bio/promo images by the deadline, showing up prepared and on-time, sharing the backstage area and being kind to your fellow performers, etc. Anyone who fails to meet these basic professional standards will not be invited back.
Interested in performing?
Email us at email@example.com and be sure to include the dates and themes of our shows that you’re interested in/available for (they are all listed here). Please note that shows are generally fully booked 2 to 3 months out. Include a video(s) of the act(s) you wish to perform (longform acts are welcome!) and note which show(s) you think your act(s) would be a good fit for. Please also include your bio and a link to your social media accounts. Thanks!